Friday, April 19, 2013

40 Weeks 2 days

Wait a second... didn't everyone bet against this? I was supposed to go early! One professional bet was even for labor around 32 weeks. Why then, was I still hanging out after my due date?

As normal for my body (if two data points can show a trend), I should have expected this. I was 41 weeks with Leif, 40 weeks 3 days with Skadi. Never dilated with either of them. Carried high until the end when the spontaneously dropped.

Why should this one be different?

On Monday, April 8th I went and saw Dr. M. He checked me, noted no increase in dilation, expressed concern and we scheduled the induction to start at 10pm.

AB and I went out to lunch at Bookwalter, he contemplated going back to work but for some reason decided to hang out with me at home and we went back to the house. I tried to sleep on the couch, but couldn't get comfortable while he watched TV. Watching the minutes tick down to the 10 pm induction was painful.

We had arranged "just in case" to have the kids ride a different bus home where they would be met by a number of families we are close to. We called them and said that AB would come down and retrieve kids, we would have dinner, then the kids would go back to a friend's house at about 8pm, where we would put them to bed there and then head to the hospital.

I tossed and turned on the couch and finally announced that I was going to go lay down in the bed upstairs. I swung my feet around and felt warmth.

My water broke. Or did it. Did I just totally wet my pants, I mean there wasn't a "pop" like with Skadi - and didn't they say I had like a gallon of amniotic fluid in there. Dang it. I got up and over to the kitchen tile.

Gush.

My water broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment